Howdy! I haven't written in a while but I repented and now I'm writing again haha. I am now at 19 months in the mission and it is awesome! I am super happy and loving the work. My companion and I have been working a lot these past weeks and have been seeing a lot of great things. We had a conference with half the members in Tapachula which overflowed the building with people. We had over 700 people attend which is a lot here. Our mission president came down from Tuxtla with his wife and gave great talks. The rain has calmed down a bit...very little bit, but its still super hot here. We love it when it rains because it cools us down. Everyone thinks we're crazy for walking in it but if you smile and enjoy everything it doesn't affect you as much. Sunday was a cool experience here in our ward. We were singing the first song and halfway through our Bishop mouthed to us asking us to give talks haha. So we had about 3-5 minutes to prepare a 15-20 talk, but it was amazing how the Spirit helped us in our words. My companion ended up talking about the true meaning of taking about ourselves the name of Christ and I read the story of the birth of Christ. Before you laugh let me explain, Mary was pregnant and had to travel to Jerusalem. Coming into the city they searched for shelter but as everything was full they stayed in a manger. I applied this to the thought that we all have our mangers in life where we travel and search for something expecting something very different than that which we received. We can't always get what we want but God does always protect us and give us what we truly need and not always what we truly desire. I have come to appreciate the things that God has let me have, even the mangers of the mission are great. I love you all. Smile!
Elder Braden M Spence
That sounds like it was a great talk! I wish I could have heard it in person..well, seeing as I don't understand Spanish, maybe not in person after all! Glad you gave us the highlights in English! You're just a good kid like that, always thinking of others!
ReplyDeleteIs that a real American hamburger you're eating! I bet that tasted great!
Michael and NaKale got married a few weeks ago! Kim said it was fabulous! And he is marrying into an amazing family! His Open House is on the 13th of October, here in Medford, but I will be in Washington with a new baby Spence! I'll try and find their invite and send it to you!
Love ya!
I wish I was there to have heard it as well. Love the pictures. You look great.
ReplyDelete