Monday, December 3, 2012

Pizza!

Okay, Okay, I said I was going to write like five times and never did but my excuse isn't as good as I thought it was going to be so i'll just leave it at that. I'll explain the pictures. I had a foam beard...took that picture yesterday and today I sent it to my mission president...not sure if he is going to laugh or not but we´ll see haha. A guy I'm living with finished his two years and goes home Thursday so we bought dominos pizza (yes there is dominos pizza here haha). There were the 10 commandments painted on the side of a church but I thought it was funny how they put the sign over where it says no cometeras adulterio. Just so you know that means thou shalt not commit adultry haha really funny. In the states they have handicap signs...In mexico that parking spot also applies to pregant ladies haha (I bet nathan and kelly would love that right now). There was a painting on a side of the house and I acted like I was knocking the door haha. maybe it's not as funny to you but they just announced that missionaries cant knock doors, they have to work through members or referels in my mission and I was being a rebel haha. My first companion was Elder Valenzuela in the MTC and he is in my zone and we did exchanges which was really cool teaching with him after 20 months in the mission. We had our zone picture and I went out to eat in a resteraunt for the first time in all my mission last Monday (1st time in 21 months!) haha They were great tacos. So there are pyramids near our house that have a rock that has an engraving on it of what many members believe is the Tree of Life which was a dream that a prophet had 600bc in the Americas that is found in the Book of Mormon! haha It's sweet so I bought it. It cost like 22 bucks but it's super awesome. this last Sunday we gave a talk in church and I talked about the Pearl of Great Price and how in life through our thoughts, words and deeds we are buying our own pearl (gaining salvation). I thought it was a pretty cool talk. We got the transfers and my President said I'm staying in my area for another 6 weeks and after that I am getting changed! I'm super excited. But thats some of what has happened in my life and my mission. I love y'all! smile! oren y lean.









Elder Braden M. Spence


3 comments:

  1. Well you've certainly been fed well on this mission! ;) Madeline is still thinking about you cuz and asked "is Braden home YET?!" You better make a stop here in Austin on your way home (where ever that may end up being). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pics and stories! And I wonder how many women put a pillow under their shirt to get a closer parking space...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics bro! You may not be trunky yet but I am!! Enjoys these last few months to their fullest. Love ya bro.

    ReplyDelete