Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am still here

Wow it has been a super super long time since I have written on this! Whelp...I'm coming up on 23 1/2 months on my mission! I am still here in Tapachula, Chiapas and I'm 99% sure that I'm going to finish my mission here. There have been a lot of big changes in the mission and are going to need us a little bit longer than just the 24 months. Our Mission President asked us to stay 4 weeks longer and we accepted. They sent me flight schedule and I am going to leave the 20th of march at 8:00am. I'm not sure what time were going to get it but from what I know its going to be late like at 7 or something because were going to have a lay over in Mexico City. There are some missionaries that have to go home on the 20th of February for what ever reason and so there will be some changes but not much. For that reason I say that I'm 99% positive that I'm going to stay here in Tapachula. But I'm actually really excited for that because its a 6 hour bus ride and if I finish my mission here it will be nice to write in my journal or just think for a while about my mission. I can't even believe how time has just flown by. There hasn't been too many things that have changed since the last time I wrote. I still have the same companion (Elder Reyes), same area, same ward...everything is the same. There haven't been any activities in a long time just the same work haha. Actually we did have a conference with Elder Daniel L. Johnson, the President of the Area Mexico 70 (no not in politics, church official haha) and that was a really good experience. He taught us about the true nature of God and how he knows us personally. It was a really good experiment that everyone should try. He basically taught us and at the end told us to pray constantly in the day and night to know if he really does know us personally. he promised us that we would receive a answer, sooner or later but that it would come. Well from what I know we all received an answer. Not going to say how but it's really really comforting knowing for sure and having my own testimony that God knows me personally and not just because the scriptures say it or that my parents taught me it. Today I'm going to go to Tuxtla for a conference and I'll come back tomorrow. My plans for when I get back...I hate the question but I from the little time I have to think about it, my plans are this: I'm going to live in Arizona with Jordan, working and studying in a community college till the fall and then I'm going to try and get into BYU-Idaho for the fall/winter term and work in the summers. Thats what I have come up with until now...but yeah. I hope everything is going well in the USA and...I'll be back soon haha. I love you all and thank you for your prayers. I still haven't gotten sick! It's been a good 8 months since I got sick. I had other problems but nothing that made me dizzy or drousey so I'm happy! Smile! Read and Pray! 














Elder Braden M. Spence

2 comments:

  1. Wow Braden we miss you! Can't believe your mission is almost coming to an end. Love to read your posts and hear how you are doing, and seeing pics of your silliness. :) You future plans sound great! Just wish we could see your face here in Austin again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's good to hear from you again!! Dang, we'll be in Ireland when you get home! I guess we'll have to talk with you a few days later! But for now, finish strong, stay focused, life will be there soon enough! Love you!

    ReplyDelete