Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Elder Cook came!


Well this week was good and bad week. I'll start with the bad news, I forgot my memory card for my camera in the computer last week and now who knows where it is. haha I was soooo mad. Okay well I laughed after a couple seconds. But it was one of those laughs that could turn into a cry if no one is a around, but I have a companion so I just kicked a small pebble to take out my frustration haha. I went to Wal-mart to buy another card and the lady said it was 500 pesos! It's like 50 bucks, reluctantly I bought it only to find out it didn't fit my fricken camera! haha We went back inside and got the right one and it was 200 pesos (20 bucks) and got  my other 300 pesos back haha.

I  washed my clothes by hand for the first time...I hated that! haha Took me two hours to wash my clothes and they aren't nearly as clean haha but its a cool...experience haha. Definitely don't want to do that again but I know I will have to so oh well, haha enjoy washing machines!

Today we went and listened to Quintin L. Cook! It was awesome! He had a tanslater so everytime he said a joke, the Americans would laugh, and then about five seconds later, so would the Mexicans haha it reminded me of those Asian films where the mouth and the words are way off haha but it made it twice as funny! Some of the things he said and the look that he had in his eyes when he talked about Christ...no words can describe it. For those of you who dont know who Elder Cook is, he is one of the twelve apostles on the earth today. In the times of Moses, Abraham and Noah they were called of God to lead and guide the church. Elder Cook has that same calling! But it was amazing hearing from him. We also heard from one of the First Quorum of the Seventy, Benjamin De Hoyos (well Kay Bragg, are you going to hear from him too?!? haha that's a one up if I ever saw one) but yeah I couldn't understand him becuse he was speaking Spanish, apparently that's what I am suppose to be learning here haha it's coming along though. I shook their hands and we said Hola, we are basically family now. I was invited to teach them the lessons but I politely declined saying there are other sheep of whom I must feed. haha That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. What's even funnier is that I actually laughed at that and the Mexican next to me just looked at me...

Neri Gomez:
This week we went knocking on doors shortly after leaving the house. We came to an older lady that let us in. From the start I could feel her love for the Savior, and midway through a lesson, (standing up) she slowly starts to sit down. Calling for her daughter who is in her mid twenties, she starts to breathe heavy and put her hands to her chest. Not knowing what was happening, thinking she was having a heart attack, I started to say a prayer hoping what ever this pain was, would pass from her. In agony, she takes her hands slowly from her chest, puts them together, and bows her head. With no words coming out, but lips moving, she called out to her Father in Heaven in what I can only imagine is her asking for His help. Shortly after, the pain is released, and she started to breathe normal again. Her daughter was going to get her check out, so we left with a word of prayer, asking our loving Heavenly Father for her health to be okay.


An email from my brother Nathan, took me to the scriptures to read about Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. Christ is our redeemer and Savior, and he himself, prayed unto God asking for his help. This is in Luke 22 I think, But an angel appeared to him giving him strength. in our time of trials, physical or mental, it is amazing what the power of prayer can really do. We need trials in life to progress and learn, but we are not expected to go through them alone. We can call on God at any time and any place for his help and guidance. With faith and obedience to his counsel, he WILL give it to us. I love this gospel. I love my Savior. We must all try our faith in order to gain faith. Faith is believing in things which you can't see. As we can't see air, we can feel it. As we cant see God or Christ, we can feel their spirit. I ask each of you to try your faith, and trust in Him, and ask God for help. With a sincere heart and a willingness to obey what ever it is he tells us, he will answer your prayers. As a witness of his miracles, I challenge you to do this very thing and know what I know. I love you all. I pray for you and I feel your prayers. Thank you for everything!


Things I learned:
1-Feelings bottled up with a rapid release, doesn't invite the spirit or resolve the problem.
2-God is willing to help us with anything any time, but we must have reason why he should help us.
3-My heart breaks when someone I love doesn't accept His gospel when they know it's true. I never want to know how God feels with some people in the world.
4- The love in ones eyes can show more expression than any word or phrase.
5-As small and insignificant of a person I am compared to Christ or God, he still created this world for me...why? Because he loves me that much.
6-Once I become President of Mexico, I am buying everyone washing machines haha


Elder Braden M. Spence


P.S. This week we get to go to the ZOO! I will send pictures next week. 

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh so hard. That's the way I used to wash my clothes when I was young and then had to put them into this hand wringer. Then we hung them up outside on the clothes line. That was good for you.

    ReplyDelete