Monday, May 23, 2011

I ate a whole fish!


hola! buenos...tardes? I'll go with that one just to be safe, it's 5 o'clock somewhere so it applies. First is the great news then the bad news,

Great news: I found Mountain Dew! It is at the Wal-mart but they only sell it in a 12 pack and it's 100 pesos haha if I am smart with my money...I might do it next month, but I did end up finding my second favorite, Dr. Pepper and they sell that by the can which is 6 pesos, like 50 cents. It's in the refrigerator waiting for me as I write!

Somewhat good news: For lunch today...we had a fish. strait up, whole thing thrown on the grill and fed to us...Fish haha it looked raunchy! The one time I don't bring my camera I miss a oportunity like this...It's okay, some other time. I contemplated eating the eye ball just to say I did it...but I'm not going to lie, I definitely backed out of that one! haha It looked way too gross.

Not bad news but not the best haha: The guy who fills our water tank didn't come by. So we don't have water to shower with or wash dishes. I'll send pictures next week. Basically there is a hole in the ground (a tank) that is filled with water in every house. Sooo we had to get a bucket and wash ourselves like that for the past couple days...I'm not sure when I will get water back. We have water to drink so no worries there it's just a pain washing yourself with a bucket haha.

bad news: I didn't get sick but I got a crazy good amount of what I think is Poison Oak on my hands, arms, and head. I woke up Saturday morning and couldn't open my left eye because my eye lid was so swollen! It was really funny after I got better, but in the moment not so funny. The doctor I talked to in the US said to take this medicine so I did, and along with a blessing, I was back to normal Sunday! I still have a little on my hands but that's not too big of a deal! haha Still don't consider that sick, but it was bad!

I was thinking about that though. I was thinking that there are a lot of people in the world in a lot more PERMANENT situations and some of those people are completely happy! Small things that we know are temporary, and even if they may be permanent, need to be taken as best as possible! Smile and laugh. I think it's funny now that it's over haha. But even in the moment I laughed a little. It's an amazing thing to have the ability to affect your level of happiness in this life. People that live in cement blocks look to us missionaries as Angels, some little kids called the other missionaries that. How fortunate we are to have the things in this life! A new shirt goes a long way for a lot of these kids here. New shoes...unimaginable for some kids. Some people that desire to go to church sooo bad cannot afford the 10 pesos (90 cents) to go to church one day out of the week! I feel blessed! I love you and miss you. Thanks for all your prayers! 

se que jesus vive. se que esta oportunidad a servir un mision por mi redentor y salvador jesucristo es un gran bendicion! mediante la expiacion de jesucristo, recebimos perdon por nuestros pecados, SI arrepentirnos y perseverar hasta el fin! les amo!

Elder Braden M. Spence

4 comments:

  1. That's my boy. Keep on smiling and looking at your blessings. Some people don't have an eye to look out of or hands to wash. You are blessed for sure. You have a Dad that loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no pic of the fish, what a jip! ;) Did you bring along the Mountain Dew t-shirt we got you? Hope you save up enough to buy some next month. :) Sorry about being smelly (no water) and the poison ivy (ouch!). Always enjoy your posts cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the progression of great to bad news, but then the new prospective on bad news....you are maturing leaps and bounds! Love you! Happy Late Birthday from me too!

    ReplyDelete