Monday, September 19, 2011

Mexican/Independence Day night


Hey 

So I didn't write last week...nothing much happened haha. We had a good week this week! We celebrated with some other missionaries one night and went to Burger King! It was the first fast food I have had in 5 months...yeah I felt horrible afterwards, so I think I am done with that for a while. I thought when I return that I am going to hit up McDonalds or Burger King...ya no! Maybe Taco Bell with a Mountain Dew haha the Dew for sure. Another cool thing that doesn't sound nearly that cool now that i think about it, is that for the past 3 weeks straight, we have not missed one night without killing at least one cockroach haha. But we make it into a cool game actually. We sneak into our own house, and turn on the lights and try and catch them before they run into the holes in the wall haha. Dont judge!
 
 This morning we played soccer with the other missionaries in our zone. We bought jersey things and they put our names on them...they put Spencer on mine haha Couldn't spell I guess. They tore off the letter R needless to say. But yeah I am horrible at soccer and pretty scared of the ball haha. I have a good reason too, some of the missionaries got hit hard haha.
 
 Also we had an activity in our ward. It was a Mexican/Independence Day night haha. We sang the National Anthem and everything. Pretty intense. We were the only white people there haha. But it was cool, they did dances and played the guitar. They gave us these Cat in the Hat hats with the Mexico colors on them haha.
 
Two more of our investigators had dreams! One of them was pretty nuts. The lady when we first found her prayed to know the truth and had a dream about a man. This guy apparently was teaching her as well as other señoras about the Bible and about Christ. She went to church with us the next Sunday and it was fast and testimony meeting. The Bishop got up to bare his testimony at the end and the lady we taught told us that the man in her dream was the Bishop in our ward! haha Crazy right?! We thought so.
 
Everything else is going well in the mission. I am healthy still and happy. Mission is going great now that I can understand what people are saying. I can understand about 80 percent of what people are saying. Still have a ways to go but I'm happy for only being out 7 months haha. Hope everything is good in the states. I love ya and miss all of ya. Can't wait to see ya again. Thank you for your prayers, they are helping! Smile!

Elder Braden M. Spence







2 comments:

  1. You look like you are having so much fun. Bring the jersey home. You look good in it. Get a tan as soon as you can. You look like you are surrounded by Mexicans like in the Alamo. You know - Too white!!

    ReplyDelete