Monday, November 7, 2011

Both cars got the right of way

Hola!


haha So we had a wreck Saturday. We were getting a ride to an appointment and it was most definitely our fault haha. In Mexico, not all the intersections have stop signs, they just paint on the walls with a black or red arrow to tell you if you can go or not, and in the dark you can't see like anything... haha so both cars got the right of way. The front of their car hit the front right side of ours and yeah, everyone in their car was fine. The driver in our car is good but the guy in the shotgun seat has a neck brace for the next week. These people let their kids walk around in the car while driving so one was in the very back of the Nissan SUV, like the trunk thing and he has an arm brace. My companion and I were just fine. Elder Spear hit his head on the window and I hit the roof and then him so he was cushion for me. But yeah, that was nuts. 


We did service all Saturday, we helped two families move so that was so nice being in jeans and a t-shirt all day! We had fun dressin' up with the kids because the Dad is a Sergeant or something in the military and so we played around for a little bit. Also, we ate hamburgers twice this week AND we had tuna fish sandwiches! So we pretty much ate American this week! 


We found an inactive member this week too and when we showed up he was thinking about what to do because he was really bored and his wife and kid (not members) were out shopping. He said to himself that what ever he thought of he would do it and then we knocked the door! haha He was sooo excited! We are going to teach his wife now! So the mission is going well now! We had a couple people back out of their baptism but it happens. The language is good. We are in the last week of this transfer so we are like positive Elder Spear is going haha. So yeah, we will see. My health is good and what not so thanks for your prayers. 


We were thinking about, "holy cow, what if we got hit like a second earlier or  a second later. it would have been so much worse." It's awesome and I love how in Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 I think talks about how "He will be on our left side and on our right, his spirit will be in our hearts and His angels will hold us up." I know that is true just as much spiritually as physically! It was a miracle and I know the angels held us as we hit. But yeah I love y'all and miss y'all. I'm coming up on 9 months! Crazy! Oren y lean.


Elder Braden M Spence 







4 comments:

  1. Hey Braden!
    That's awesome that things are going well for you and I'm glad you and your companion didn't get hurt - at least bad enough to hurt the work! We are doing pretty good here, except Sam broke his collar bone when the chain came off his BMX bike at the track near the skate park. He's getting really good at shooting baskets one handed! I don't see Michael a whole lot what with his working two jobs, but hopefully he'll be able to save up at least a little money for college! Speaking of service, a bunch of ward members came over and totally filled (plus some) a huge dumpster! Never knew I had so much junk... nonworking lawn mower, falling apart tramp, old car stuff, etc. etc. etc. It was pretty amazing - they got a lot done inside too. It was a real blessing. Anyway, I hope things continue to go well for you...
    Take care! (Literally - take care of yourself around those crazy drivers!)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bueno que este teniendo tantas buenas experiencias! Estas son memorias que nunca jamas se va a olvidar y memorias que sus hijos y sus nietos van a apreciar muchisimo =)
    Disfrute cada momento de su mision que pasa muy rapido y el proximo traslado siempre esta a la vuelta de la esquina =)

    Muchos exitos y cuente sus bendiciones cada dia! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! So glad that companion was a nice cushion for you! And I gotta tell you there are crazy drivers all over this world; Europe, South America, California...yeah, threw in that last one, because that's where I learned to drive! Anyway, so glad you and everyone else are okay.

    Tuna fish? Yuck, not sure that's an American staple. But hamburgers sure are!

    Glad everything is going well! Love you! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can tell the prayers for your safety are working. Just good living. Keep up the service but not just because you can wear jeans on Sat. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete