Sunday, December 11, 2011

Prayer, It Works!

Hola!


So my computer doesn't work with the photos this time, but next time I'll put some on. We had a good week, it flew by really quickly. But yeah, it was a really good spiritual week with our investigators. So I had something really cool happen to me this last weekend. It happened Thursday to Sunday. So we had exchanges for a day and we had to travel down to a city called Comalapa which is really close to the Guatamalan boarder. My companion stayed down there and another Elder and I were going to head back. We had a really, really, important meeting that night and we left the city like 30 mintues late. Not to mention there were police stops checking all the cars (100 cars in line). I knew that were were running late and with all those stops there was no way were were going to make the 2 hour trip back in time if we had all those stops. I was praying sooo hard that we wouldn't get chosen to be checked. We came up to the first stop and ALL the cars infront and behind us got check but not ours! I had such a good feeling come over me of gratitude that I didn't know what to do. We had three pólice stops like this and seriously just about all the cars got stoped besides ours! We started to come back into our city but we were still behind a little bit. I realized we didn't have money for a taxi so I was praying even harder that a bus would be where we got dropped off going to where we needed to go. We show up and after running a block to where the bus usually was, there was the one bus that goes to where we needed to go. As soon as we got on, the bus closed the doors and we went on our way and made it in time. I was sooo happy, greatful for the love that God has for me on that night. That prayer Matthew 7:7 where it says that those who ask will recieve. I know that's true. Anything that we really do need, and if we try our hardest to do everything we can our part, God will do the rest and it will come out alright. It happened like three times Friday and Saturday and on Sunday I thought I would try it out again. I prayed in the morning that a random person would show up to church. Not thinking it would happen, halfway through the meeting, an inactive member from Peru showed up. We will go visit her and her non member husband this Wednesday. PRAY! ha ha it works! I love it and I love ya'll. Hope you're good and happy. smile!


Elder Braden M. Spence

3 comments:

  1. Oh Braden, I love to read your prayers being answered. I love to hear about those little miracles.And remember, that the Lord doesn't always answer your prayers the way you want or think they should be answered. Ah, but you knew that. But that doesn't mean we should stop praying for them. Love you! Keep up the good work! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know prayer works because he gave you to me many years ago when I needed you and was down in the dumps. You lifted me up just by being born and nobody could have done that without the help of a loving God. Keep up the good work. Miracles do happen in these times. Keep praying my son. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braden, that was a great example of your faith and the power of prayer. I sometimes forget how to exercise faith in Christ and to pray with real intent especially as graduate school results begin to come in. Thank you for your testimony, it was exactly what I needed to hear. We love and miss you. Be safe, have fun and :)

    ReplyDelete