Hola!
This week was really good. We worked really hard and ended up having a lot of people come to church. There was a guy that came with his family. He was telling the people in our class how he came to know us (the missionaries). He said he and his wife went down south a couple hours to be with her family for Christmas. He is an alcoholic and she never likes when he drinks. On the 23rd they got in a huge fight and him and his son came back here to Comitan to have a break for a couple days. They didnt want to spend Chirstmas alone so they ended up going to the coast to spend Christmas. Well like with his wife, he started to drink again, got mean, and him and his 14 year old son got in a fight. His son ran away and said he was going to come back to Comitan on his own. He ran off and his Dad couldn't find him for a day. He ended up driving back here and when he got here, he found his son sitting on the couch watching T.V. He didn't know how he got back because he didn't have money but in one way or another, he got back. He said he went to his room to pray for the first time in a long time asking God to help him change. He said he was sorry for the way he acted with his wife and son and he never wants to lose them again. Not too long after, my companion and I knocked on the door and taught him for the first time. Since we have talked, he said he hasn't drank. He also read 33 chapters of the gospel principles book that we have in the church, all in 3 days! He is getting baptized this month and we are going to keep going with his family as well. It's awesome how God works and when we need something the most, the answers come in one form or another.
There is a lady named Clara here that I truly love. We baptized her like 3 months ago and she is 72 (maybe a little too old for me haha I'm kidding) She has 9 kids, 25 grandkids, and 5 great great grandkids (good luck Dad toppin' that one haha). She came back from a month long vacation and told us she had a heart disease. It made me super sad and I didn't know what to say. She said she didn't think it was too serious but she would find out soon. We gave her a blessing and the spirit was sooo strong. We came by her house last week to see how the appointment with the doctor was and she told us that the doctors couldnt find anything wrong at all. They said they couldn't find any sort of problem and that she was completely healthy :) Just shows that through the faith we have, God is still a God of miracles. I hope everyone is doing good in America! I love ya'll and miss ya'll very much. I have 11 months today I cant even believe it. I got to go but I love all of ya'll and cant wait to see ya again. I'll have pictures up next week because...well im going to see some pyramids right now haha SUCKAS! sonrean y oren
Elder Braden M. Spence
It does sound like an awesome week! I love to hear your experiences as a missionary!
ReplyDeleteThey're not the same ones, but we saw some pretty cool pyramids in Guatemala when we were there. It's crazy to think they built those with out any machines.
Keep up the hard work! Love ya!
I think it was aliens that built those pyramids :) Prove me right braden!
ReplyDeleteThe faith of his Father. Miracles are worked through righteous priesthood holders. Love you Braden, Dad
ReplyDelete