Monday, April 16, 2012

I have permission...







First of all, yes, I have permission to send the pictures of my companion getting a shot haha. It was really funny. It wasn't too funny because this week I got super sick too...I have no idea what I had but I couldn't work Saturday because I didn't have any energy due to a full night in the bathroom. Got to love Mexico. But yeah, we had a pretty rough week but we feel a lot better. 

Today was a really cool day. Some recent converts we called and asked if they wanted to go with us to see the river in Tzmol and they were super excited. They picked us up and we went and they bought chips, sodas, chicken, tortillas (like always), and salad and we had a picnic in this river type thing. It is pretty famous here because the water comes out of a mountain and no one knows where from the mountain it comes from but it's pretty sweet. There is one part were you can see it pouring out of the side of the mountain into the water. I don't know how the pictures turn out but in real life the trees there are super green and really pretty. The water is not really blue, but it was pretty blue. It was really nice relaxing out there. It was like a 15 or 20 minute drive too so it wasn't bad at all. The other pictures are of another cool beetle bug and there are two giant Catholic church's downtown and they look pretty sweet. 

So in two weeks Elder David A. Bednar of the Twelve Apostles is coming with someone else in the 70! We are super stoked. Friday we are going to travel up to Tuxtla, Saturday morning we are going to have a conferences with all the missionaries in our mission and him, return Saturday in the afternoon. Sunday we are going to wake up early and go to a place called San Cristóbal for a Stake Conference with Elder Bednar too! I'm super lucky because he is only visiting one stake here in Chiapas and I'm in that one Stake haha. It should be fun! But yeah, life is good and fun. Mexico is sweet, and just so you know, the WWE wrestling federation is still super super popular here in Mexico haha as well as ICarly. Oren y lean.


Elder Braden M. Spence

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got permission, your companion doesn't look too excited about being poked in the bum!

    I love the picture of Conference. It's kinda cool to think we were watching the exact same thing at the same time! Now yours was most likely being translated into Spanish, but just think everyone in the world got the opportunity to listen and learn and grow at the same time! I wonder if Satan was wishing it would end soon. It's hard not to be influenced for good when watching Conference.

    I can't wait to hear about elder Bednar's visit. You are super lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear a lot about being lucky by being in the right spot at the right time. I call that being blessed to be in the company of one of the 12 Apostles of the Lord and to hear him speak as John the beloved spoke in his day.

    It looks like a beautiful place for a picnik. Ask Elder Bednar for a blessing for the sick for you and your companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried posting a comment the other night but it wouldn't go through. Anyway, Madeline misses you Braden!!! She keeps asking about ya. She'll be happy to know iCarly is popular where you are at!

    ReplyDelete