Sunday, April 1, 2012

We know we look crazy

So it's been a while since I have written...sorry, way to lazy. But the mission is going well. We have been doing a lot of really cool things lately. Some of the other missionaries had that craving to go to the pyramids and I wanted to go again so I took more pictures. It was fun. We did sacrifices of each other which a lot of people were looking at us pretty weird haha but we didn't care, so it was fun.

 We also had an activity in our ward where we did the whole tree of life thing. You had to fallow the string and go through the church and around trees, under bushes all blind folded and at the end you got a doughnut. The string represented the scriptures and how we need to read them often and listen to the words of the Prophets and if we don't we can be spiritually lost haha it was fun. Don't judge us, we know we look crazy in some of the pictures but we all had a good laugh. 

We had a member tell us a really cool story that I thought I would share. There is a lady named Elena in our ward. She was married and has two kids and is living with her family and mom. They don't have any money. Her Dad lives in the states and her ex-husband pays child support to help her and her family out. They have been members now for 10 months and never went to the Temple. The week that they wanted to go they didn't receive any money at all from her Dad or ex-husband. They were praying a lot because they really wanted to go to the Temple but also needed money to pay for food. It was the last night to be able to have interviews to go to the temple and then they received some phone calls. One was from her Brother who is also in the states to tell her that he wired money to her just to help out the familia. Then next one was from her ex-husband who called to say sorry that he lost track of the dates and sent money too! They had enough to buy food and make the travel to the temple 4 hours away for the first time! It is so cool how God always answers prayers :)

Other photos are of another cool beetle bug, we made karate pictures and other random things haha I love you all. Smile. Oren y Lean













Elder Braden M. Spence

3 comments:

  1. Your pics crack me up :) miss you cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are having way too much fun on your mission, Braden! And I'm totally okay with that!

    That's awesome they got to go to the temple, love those tender mercies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye still looks a little pink. I'm glad it doesn't slow up your fun. ES,EM,EH,ED,EW,EM,EY Love you Braden.

    ReplyDelete