Monday, August 13, 2012

I have been Illegal for 4 months


Hola! 

Whelp I'm here in Tapachula still! It is suuuuper hot! I love it
here though! I have never seen so many pretty sunsets in all my life.
There is a volcano next to us that is super huge, apparently it's
active! My compañion is Elder Granados from Guadalajara, Mexico and is
really funny. He is the youngest of 10 children! This week was super
long because the first part of the week was a conference for the
leaders in our mission and later in the week I had to go back to
Tuxtla to renew my Visa because I have been Illegal for 4 months haha.
Just so you know, the travel to Tuxtla from Tapachula is a 6 hour bus
ride! So this was my week; Monday, p-day and travel to Tuxtla.
Tuesday, conference and back to Tapachula. Wednesday, zone conference
and work from 3-9. Thursday, weekly planning in the morning and travel
to Tuxtla. Friday, visa papers and we came back to Tapachula. Saturday
and Sunday work haha. In total, we were on a bus for 24 hours! Talk
about a lot of reading, sleeping, and staring at the jungle haha. But
the life here is super awesome! The food is way better than my last
area and the best is that there is Dominos pizza here! Had my first
dr.pepper in 6 months with was a taste of heaven for me. I love you all
and hope you all doing well! Smile! Oren y lean.

Elder Braden M. Spence

2 comments:

  1. Domino's pizza and DP! Lucky you! Miss you Braden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Pizza??? YAY!!! I don't drink soda, but I'll take your word for it that it was a taste of heaven!

    It does sound like a crazy productive, but non-productive week for you! Hopefully this next week is much more settled and you get to do what you are there for, Missionary work!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete