Hey!
Soooo I'm in Mexico haha it's pretty crazy here. I wrote down a list of things I wanted to talk about haha
1- the food is so so so so so so so good haha i love it. Homemade tortillas with beans and chicken and all sorts of random things I never ask whats in it haha but its great. Haven't really tried anything I dont like, this one drink is really weird. It's called pozul...it's like a chocolate, ... I really don't know what else is it it haha I want to say little pieces of corn...but im not sure lol. I learned the hard way that you have to keep shaking it to keep it mixed or else you get a bunch of little pieces or chunks of stuff at the end and it's not so good. So if I stir my drink a lot when I get back...that's why haha.
2- I drink so much water. haha I had a sprite the other day and it was sooo nice to have a cold drink that had flavor. We have these filtrated water bottles to purify the water and I drink a lot of it haha.
3- Speaking of cold...the showers are always cold. There is no such thing as hot water sooo it's a bit shocking at first but you get used to it. It's really hot here and you always sweat so its nice to cool off after walking a thousand miles in a day haha. I feel gross a lot though haha
4- When together...the people at church are horrible singers haha it's bad. But it gets the point across. lol I just thought it was funny that it isn't very good but practice makes perfect lol.
5- EVERYONE is a crazy driver. Imagine Utah...times 10 haha it's bad. But it makes it kind of fun to be so close to a wreck multiple times a day haha. The lines on the road...don't know why they paint them on there, they dont stay in them haha. No one obeys stop signs and barely red light haha. I also learned to look 360 degrees around me before I walk into the street because they will hit you haha I came within like 6 inches yesterday. There are cars here I have never seen before and it's freaking me out haha I have never seen any of the motorcycles (not better than Japanese or Italian if you were concerned) but there are like tons of them going everywhere. They are all like little 200cc´s but crazy. Swerving in and out of traffic. I saw two cop cars the whole time I have been here haha...I think I heard a gun shot and I asked my companion what it was, and he said he didn't know and went on as normal haha oh well I'm still alive
6- I have not gotten sick yet! Apparently everyone else that came down with me is sick so I guess that's a good thing haha. I still got energy for the most part and working hard.
7- The game slug bug...don't ever play it in Mexico haha if you ever wondered where all the old style VW bugs went...they are here haha out of 10 cars, 2 or 3 of them are bugs haha it's funny. There are random cars I have never seen and it's really weird haha.
8- Tomorrow (4/19/2011) I find out where I am going for my first area. Tuxtla is my first temporary area until transfers which is tomorrow so we will see if I stay here or go somewhere else. I just hope it's not Tapachula near Guatemala because even Mexicans say it's hot there haha and if a Mexican says some place is hot...it's hot lol.
9- I don't know what any of these symbols on my keyboard mean lol ç ª € haha
Everything is good in Mexico though. I love it here even though I know it's going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I forgot my notebook that says what I have learned so I will try and remember.
1- Giving 10 percent to the Lord opens the window to the other 90 percent of the blessing the Lord will give you
2- Everyone in the world desires the same thing, but the difference is, they are from different places and backgrounds.
I love you. I miss you. I pray for you. I feel your prayers. Work hard and do your best and God will show you his love. Smile :)
"Everyone in the world desires the same thing, but the difference is, they are from different places and backgrounds." that's a good quote and so true.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading all about your new adventures. I think Stephen would do just fine with food if he was stuck in Mexico. Glad you haven't gotten sick. I usually get sick everytime I go down there. You must have a rock stomach!
Did you get to see/meet Maylee before you left? Thinking about you cuz and will keep you in my prayers.