Hey!
What an amazing weekend!!! That was awesome listening to all the general authorities. Took a lot of notes. Nothing has changed really. Its my 7th week here now!!! It is starting to fly by and probably within the next two weeks I will be in Mexico. I should be getting my VISA soon as well as my travel plans. We will see...Mexico is starting to get pretty tough to get into. Since i dont have much going on i thought I would change it up this week as far as what I am going to say.
First, I want to start with the 7 (I have much more) blessing I am so fortunate to have.
1-My family: They have been there for me in all that I have done, supporting me in all that I do, even though they probably didnt agree with some of them!
2- It is a blessing in itself to have blessings: I am blessed to have an amazing father who has taught me so much in life that it is impossible to describe the words of how much he has helped, influenced, and taught me. I am blessed with amazing brothers who have shown me the way and been amazing examples.
3- Freedom: I can go where I choose to go in the amazing country and do what I want to do in life. I have the oportunity to have the freedom of the amazing church and opportunity to serve.
4- Agency: Agency to choose from right and wrong, good and bad. Agency to accept Christ in my life.
5- Hope: Hope for the good in people. Hope to have the faith in the things I have been taught and what I am because of it.
6- Trials: I am so greatful for the trials I have in my life; they have made me into the person I am and the man I hope to be. They have helped me grow in maturity (still working on that one :) ), remember my God, who I am and where I am going. Also to show why I am here on this life.
7- Christ: For him taking upon the MY sins so that I can return to Him, Christ, my mom, brother, uncle again. Also so that I can continue to be with my family I have now and the family I will have in the future.
I challenge everyone to write down 7 blessings you have in your life, and on facebook, email, or anything,share 1 of those and why your greatful for that blessing!
The second thing I wanted to talk about are the 7 things I have learned this past week!
3/30/11- To have faith, we must first test it. The faith of Mornoni cant come over night, it takes time.
3/31/11- Repentance and baptism of heart is necessary every day. Repentance can start at any time of any day or night.
4/1/11- An answer to a prayer doesn't have to be the voice of God, it can be a small prompting or action by yourself or those around you.
4/2/11- A simple gift can remind someone of their Saviors love for them. Through faith, obedience, and charity our testimony of Christ grows. Our desire to have the blessing of an eternal marriage and family grows as we keep the covenants (a promise between you and God) we made with God. Then we'll rest knowing we achieved our fullest potential.
4/3/11- We must give back to the Lord for what we have received. Following the spirit of Christ and listening to his counsels prepares us to be worthy in His presence, receive revelation and overcome our trials and be forgiven of sins to enter into His holy house, the temple.
4/4/11- To get an answer to a true desire of heart, it takes faith you'll receive it, diligent study, willingness to obey, and patience to hear the answer.
4/5/11- Jesus wept for the sins of the world, BUT he can weep for joy in our obedience and faith. Also, 1 piece garments can give more weggies in a hour period, than a bully to a nerd over the whole elementary school year haha.
I miss you all and hope your doing well. You are in my prayers and I can feel yours everyday. Like Jordan always said, smile. It is the way to a happy and prosperous day.
Love, Elder Braden M. Spence
What a wonderful post. You are very blessed Braden! We miss you!
ReplyDelete