So I wanted to start of with my address. It goes to the mission home which I go to once every six weeks so if you send it to me, I wont get it for a while but I want it haha, a written letter would be sweet. Secondly, I can get and read all your emails but I will respond through my Dad to forward them off okay so keep writing.
Elder Braden Michael Spence
Mission Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez
Calle Jazmines #210
Fracc. Los Laureles
Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico
c.p. 29020
lol Way too long of a address. Basically I have a Mexican companion, Elder Juarez and he is awesome. He doesn't speak English so it's pretty hard haha. I have mastered laughing with everyone else in public places or in the house to make it sound like a know what they are saying when I have no idea. I only know how to talk about the gospel so I can understand that part. They speak so fast. When they see I am so confused they either laugh or are a little frustrated. Either way, if I know them personally, I speak English back to them and they get the point that it's hard to understand haha. It's my only personal enjoyment. Some toilets here don't have a flushing thing (in some members houses) so I dont know what to do but just walk away haha and there are other ones that have nobs that I dont know what they do so I usually walk away too haha the knob ones just put water into the bowl but the urine stays in it so its pretty gross haha. I found that they have these ice cream things called a boli and they are good, they are five pasos which is like fifty cents in America. I have talked to one person in English that wasn't a missionary, and it was some Mexican and he told me his ex-girlfriend is dating some other guy now and lives in America with his four year old kid because he got deported haha sad day.
Cool story, I was walking with my companion and we decided to knock on this one door Saturday night. It was late but he let us in. His name is Alan. He was having a hard day and so we taught him about Gods love for us and how we need faith through our afflictions so that he can help us so we can progress in life. He heard about Mormons and even asked about Joseph Smith, so we taught him that story too. He committed to baptism and went to church yesterday. He will be baptized on the 7th of May haha Awesome! Funny story also after we left his house to go home. A young man, 22, named Octuvbio poured his heart out to us. He was saying his marriage isn't good and his wife and kid are living in his house because she kicked him out because of his drinking problem. He wants to change so now we are teaching him. I thought it was so cool how the Lord works like that. Perfect timing for both of those young men and if we didn't work that last 15 minutes of our day...we wouldn't have met Octuvbio. No luck all day and we ended up with two new investigators and one with a baptismal date. Faith is key in this life. Without it, our relationship in this life wont go where we need it to go, but we have to make the first step. Without the first step, faith is only a dream. Dreams come true through actions of faith in God.
I miss and love you all. Mexico is really, really hard to get used to. I love the people. The food is great and I haven't gotten sick yet haha. E-mail me and tell me how life is. Oh and by the way, if you aren't a member and are too nervous to talk to missionaries, I am pretty sure it's lds.org that you can go to and talk to people live online all over the world so you can learn more and ask questions about anything in life. It's amazing. I am going to try and attach photos now so if it works it works. (it worked see above) If not...well haha oh well. Smile and have faith. God loves you and he wants you to be happy. Afflictions, trials, and challenges help us progress and learn in this life, but faith and prayer can get you through them with ease.
Elder Braden M. Spence
I love how you have mastered laughing when you have no clue what they are talking about. :) That's so you Braden. We miss you. We'll mail you a letter.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see you progress in the really important things in life (the Gospel). I miss you, Dad
ReplyDeleteOh dear Braden, I would expect nothing less than hearing you laugh when you don't understand! It is so you! You don't get upset or frustrated, you laugh! That's a good quality to have. Be happy!
ReplyDeleteA baptism already...totally cool! Keep up the hard work! The language barrier will lesser and pretty soon you'll be talking like a Mexican-gringo. Luv ya, K
So great that you have a baptism already! Such great stories! But really, what is going on with your ankle? I sure hope you're taking care of it. Such a great picture taken from the top of the hill! Is that area you are tracking in? Looks pretty rough, I'm glad you're staying safe :) We miss you and love you!
ReplyDelete