So everything is going good here! I still haven't gotten sick so thank you for your prayers haha. Everyone else has gotten sick sooo I know I'm next but I'm hoping that wont come till I am back in the states at least haha. I wanted to start of by saying if you're going to send something to me as a package, don't send clothes or anything from china for some reason hah they said something about tax, I don't know, but yeah. Packages of candy and random stuff are always welcome! haha. It was a little hotter this week. But it's really just about the same as Texas. The food is amazing as always. I have had like 500 tortillas since I have been here and that's not an exaggeration, haha well maybe a little give or take a couple. They are delicious. The people are really nice and they give us a lot of water (clean don't worry) haha. Well I hope its clean. I am not sure how this whole pictures things are going to work out haha I keep trying but I dont know if they are working or not. If you get them and there is a tall building in one of them, that is the only building over like 5 stories in all Tuxtla haha soooo that's downtown haha one single building thats like 25 or 30 stories high. the others are of Tuxtla. If you want to look at my area and what its about, basically if you go to google maps, it's in Tuxtla, if you type in Los Torres, or La Florest that is my area. I live on a street called Tapachula. there is a Wal-mart close so you can also look for that.
Things I learned:
1-Charity is an investment of blessings that have not yet been received, and also an act of gratitude to God for the the blessings already came to pass.
2- The things you want most in life are the things you have to work hardest for, sacrifices must be made to obtain your pirates treasure.
3- God gave us talents so that we can use them to help others. He can easily take them away if they aren't being used to fulfill this same purpose.
4-You never know when some people just aren't doing okay with their life, but it's always your responsibility to help if you know they could use it.
5-The intentions of your heart dictate your actions. A true desire for righteousness brings the mercy of God
6- Striving for something you have always wanted and then helping someone in their time of need, and being able to do so, satisfies the heart knowing Christ is proud of you for pushing through the hard times.
7- Once you find out for yourself why you do something, it makes it so much more enjoyable.
I love you and miss you all. Just real quick, I found out you can do dearelders.com still, and I will get them! I will get letters too so feel free to do either. dearelders are a little more safe and quicker to do I think haha. but all is well. I love and miss you all. Take care! Smile, Pray and have Faith!
Love Elder Braden M. Spence
Editors Note: Sorry all, I moved 2 states over and just got the internet hooked up a few days ago. I don't think he has checked his e-mail today though so get the comments or e-mails to him in really quickly so he hopefully will respond today :)
I look forward to your blogsite as much as I look forward to Mickie's site on Tues. You are so inspirational for one so young. Keep up the good work. Ask the members who they know that they would want to see in Heaven with them. Dad
ReplyDeleteMiss you Braden! Loved the pics and the post. Mmmmmmm homemade tortillas are the best!
ReplyDeleteBraden! I sent you a letter on the dearelder thing and I'm not sure if you got it, anyways I'm working on a little surprise to send you hope all is well
ReplyDelete-Brittany