Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This is how I eat everyday, BE JEALOUS!


Hola! 

Another week in the mission! It was a pretty long week of tracting doors haha. Apparently we were knocking at bad times or in the wrong places because we didn't find barely anyone and when we did it was pretty rough. We did get 4 new investigators though. We had a reference of two twins that are like 9 their cousin is getting baptized and they want to get baptized with her! Also, we invited the daughters of this lady we have been teaching for a while and they said yes. It was crazy when we showed up to the church yesterday, we were only expecting the family Gonzalez and the twins. What ended up happening is a teenager named Fernando showed up! He had a baptismal date but we couldn't ever meet with him so we had to drop him but he showed up randomly and wants to talk again. Same thing happened with another guy named Santiago, he showed up with his wife who was inactive. My companion taught him a while back but never could baptize him because he wasn't married and couldn't get his papers to get married. But he showed up yesterday and said that he got his papers, he is getting married, wants us to be his witnesses (we can't cause we are white...okay well it's because we are Americans haha) and wants to get baptized. He can attend church now because he doesn't have to work Domingos anymore. ALSO, a recent convert that told us two weeks ago that she was going to leave the church and didn't want to give a reason why, called us Thursday and said she doesn't want to leave the church. She showed up Sunday and made 3 new friends! haha Sooo it was a rough week but good Sunday.

The food was delicious this week! One day we had hamburgers and hot dogs! I ate two of each haha. The other is taquitos with mayo on top with diced carrots and onions with some kind of sauce that was delicious! The other is pork slices with cheese on top, pineapple slice on top of the cheese with diced lettuce and tomatoes on the side as well as beans...this is how I eat every day haha Be jealous! Other ones are just random pictures of me. 

I got a package from my sister in law Mickie with shoe insert things, I'm gellin' now as well as new socks desperately needed haha and a sweet tie from my buddy Mike! Made my day haha all is good. Health is average for a gringo in Mexico haha I love you all and miss you! 

Smile,
Elder Braden M. Spence







4 comments:

  1. Man That food looks amazing! Hope your having a blast cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you show us pictures of your food all the time! I guess food is important to a 21 year old...lol!

    And I love to hear your stories of conversations...people who change their minds, that's cool! And that you had a part in helping them understand the gospel is pretty awesome too! Keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason that picture of you pulling a funny face you look like Jordan. ha ha.
    Yep that food looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stephen would have no problem living/eating there. :) Loved the pics, miss your smile.

    ReplyDelete