Monday, October 3, 2011

It was pretty much awesome listening to the Prophet

Well this week was transfers and both my companion and i stayed! I'm stoked because the weather is really cool here, it's partially pretty haha and my companion is a great companion. So the pictures that i sent are of a fruit that i have no idea what it is called but its delicious haha. I just asked a Mexican lady next to me and she said it's called Papausa haha. The other one is of a cool sunset, one of me with people burning stuff in the background haha, and the family Gonzalaz Rojas! Their mom is the bomb! She cooks for us and it's delicious. We taught her kids and they are pretty much the coolest kids ever. Also a girl that we converted said she is wants to serve a mission! haha She still has another two years till she can go but she is way excited. She attended all the sessions of conference and everything! 


It was pretty much awesome listening to the Prophet and Apostles speak! I had a little bit of a rough time understanding it all. It was a lot that I wanted to understand so bad that I got frustrated when i couldn't. I learned a good lesson as far as faith and desire. I learned that pretty much everyone can have a desire to obtain something in their life. I also thought a lot in my life that desire and faith are the same thing. With many similarities they can be confused one with another. Desire in my opinion is something that you wish to come to pass or want to be apart of. I feel that faith requires a confidence and trust in our Savior that he can make it come to pass. As we learn from the Book of Mormon, faith without works is dead. As well, faith without the trust that it will actually come to pass is left with just a desire that has no part is the resulting effect. But i learned that i can desire to understand the Spanish language, but with out the trust in God that he will help me understand, i will forever be lost and confused. Entonces, have a desire in your faith and a trust that in all things, God will help it come about. Smile!


Elder Braden M. Spence






2 comments:

  1. YAY! Your companion stayed? Wow! That's a long time in one area, he must be doing some great work there!

    I love reading your emails, they help me think and grow too!

    Keep up the great work! You are awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James just saw your pics and said,

    "Braden!" (with a big smile)

    ReplyDelete