Sunday, February 27, 2011

Story and Schedule

The Second counselor of the branch presidency at our district devotional told us a story of how he was called by the wife of a man he home taught late one night because he was in the ICU at the hospital. He was finding anyone to go with him to give him a blessing. Unable to find someone, he went alone and was very nervous about what he was was going to say to this near death man. He gave him a blessing and in the blessing he said that he would get better and live longer. He ended up living another 5&1/2 years. What Bro. Lindsay said to my district and I is that "the spirit blessed him through me." It amazed me that he so casually said that. He took no recognition, no pride, and looked for no reward. He was simply ready and willing. Truly what an amazing man of God. Whether Mormon or not, everyone needs to strive to be willing and ready to help anyone in their time of need.

This is my normal schedule:
6:30- wake up, shower, shave, pray
7:00- breakfast
7:30- personal scripture study
8:30- companion study
9:30- language study (spanish)
10:00- class learning the gospel/spanish
11:30- lunch
12:15- another class/ gym for 50 minutes
4:30- Dinner
5:15- class from another teacher/ study
9:00- plan the next day
9:30- shower, read, write in journal
10:30- lights out, go to sleep

the times change depending on the activity but that sums it up! If I want time to sit and relax or write a letter I have to eat quick because I told myself I would work every minute. And I am successful everyday. Love and miss you all,

Elder B. Spence

1 comment:

  1. You will find this is the hardest work you will ever do. It will also be the most rewarding. I'm so very proud of you my son and your committment to serve the Lord.

    ReplyDelete