Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How Could a Man Poem

Thanks everyone for all your emails. Seeing as how I only have half an hour I can't email most of you back but it is nice to come to a full email box. Wednesdays are my p-day and I check my email around 10 and print them off and email in between 12 and 4 MST. I am so busy it's crazy! I would love to get letters from anyone that is willing, but when you do, please send another stamp so I can send it back. Stamps are the only thing I need, especially when I go to Mexico. Spanish is going really well I am learning a lot! I miss home but I wouldn't trade anything to go back right now. I want to start off by something that has grown to be very important to me.


How could a Man?
How could a man be persicuted and beaten be so FAITHFUL?
How could a man be imprisoned and cut off from his family for so long be so OBEDIENT?
How could a man starved for days with nothing to eat but "mormon flesh" and sometimes poison to drink still LOVE so much?
How could a man being mocked, spit on, tar and feathered be so HUMBLE as to not ask for mercy from God?
How could a man being driven from city to city all over the states, forced to build and re-build homes have so much CHARITY in his life?
How could a man lose so many of his own children, family, and friends to the hands of the Lord be so REVERENT as to never take the Lords name in vain?
How could a man that has been ripped of his earthly possessions, only to be broken, burned, and smashed by mobs in the middle of the night be so HONEST as to obey the laws of the land?
How could a man that has translated a book by the grace of God so perfectly, perform so many miracles and help so many people, "lie", run from mobs for trying to bring people closer to God and go through so many trials, tribulations, persecutions, illnesses, tragedies, and afflictions not be a prophet of God? IT...IS...NOT...POSSIBLE!

Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of the Living God who loves and knows us so perfectly. He translated the Book of Mormon and restored Jesus Christs' church so we have the chance to be with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our earthly family for time and all eternity, if we are obedient to his commandments, baptized for the remission of your sins by those who have the authority, repented of their sins, and persevere to the end. Feel the love of your Savior and pray and read the Book of Mormon to know if the things I have said and the words it contains are true. I love you! God loves you!

I wrote this in my journal after a fireside on Tuesday. I felt that I should share that with everyone so everyone knows that I know these things to be true. That is my spiritual message for this time. Thank you for everything. I would much rather have things sent to dearelder.com if you're not my immediate family. At least till I leave to Mexico. Thank you for your support please keep in touch, it makes my day!

Love Elder Spence

No comments:

Post a Comment