Thursday, March 31, 2011

General Conference

Hey everyone!


It's week six! How awesome is that. I love my mission! I am so happy and I love my Savior. This Sunday the whole world has the opportunity to listen to a Prophet of God and his apóstoles (I'm sorry I forgot how to spell it so I said it in Spanish haha). I have been thinking a lot since Sunday about what I wanted to write, I am not sure why. I don't know who reads this. I have gotten emails from random people I have never met saying Thank You for something I said. I don't know how they got it and I don't care. This blog is for everyone that is having hard times in their life. To everyone that is having problems within the family, physically or spiritually. Anyone that has a troubled teenager, has a hard time in school, work, or anything and thinks that Christ is just not wanting to help them in their time of need. I am here to tell you you are wrong! We have struggles in life because sometimes we just need to remember God. Sometimes it's so that we can be stronger for things later in life! You have afflictions so that your faith in Christ can grow so that you can have an eternity of happiness with your family with no struggles! You can be with your Husband or Wife, children or friends for time and eternity if you have faith in Christ, repent of your sins and endure to the end. Think to yourself; If I had the opportunity to spend eternity with those I love, what would I do to obtain that? Is a small sacrafice of time and effort worth that? The happiness you can have doesn't have to stop here in this life and it wont! I challenge everyone, Mormon or not, to go to lds.org this Saturday and/or Sunday and listen, even for twenty minutes the things that the General Authorities of Christs' Church have to say. They give advice to bring your family closer, how to grow closer to your Savior, and how to help you in your times of need! Who doesn't want one if not all of those. Is 20 minutes really that big of a deal to just listen? What do you have to loose? I promise you that if you do this, you will hear something that you yourself are supposed to hear and it will better your life if you make that change! I love you all. I miss you all. I care for you all enough to pray countless minutes each night to want to be with you even after this life! If you love me you will keep my commitment and take notes if you want. I want you to grow closer to God. He is our Father who is in Heaven. He sent His only begotten Son of the flesh to die for our sins so that we can return to Him! We are sons and daughters of God. He loves us and he is with us in our times of happiness AND sorrow. Simply keep his commandments and enjoy the ENDLESS blessings, but first you must have faith. 


Love, Elder Spence 


p.s. Mountain dew is always welcomed and any other snacks! i am so jealous everyone saw my niece before i did. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's "my son" who gave those words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete