Hey everyone!
Yeah I haven't written much in a while sorry. Everything is going well. Still not sick, so that's good. Thursday is my 4 months I have been on a mission! That's pretty nuts. It has been really fast and really slow at the same time. I don't have any good photos this week sorry. It has been a different week. A lot of thinking. As I am on the mission I hear a lot of problems a lot of people have in life. Unfortunately I have heard too much of loss of family members this week or things happening as far as sicknesses and what not. One of the kids we baptized is in the hospital now. I try my hardest to pay attention to the spirit to think about what I could possibly say seeing as how I am 21 years old trying to comfort a family who lost their Father. There are a lot of people with hard lives. There are a lot of people that don't know what to do in their time of need. As I tried to search the scriptures for anything that could help, I couldn't help but stop at Malachi 3:10, it is talking about tithing for the Lord but I know it can apply to all aspects of life. As we obey the commandments of the Lord and help those in need, following the example of Christ in ALL ways, and as it says is Malachi, that there won't be room enough to receive the blessings from our Father in Heaven. As we go through temptations and trials, and as we reach out to God with a willingness to obey his words, He will bless you and your family. The gospel of Jesus Christ is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I promise you that if you do ALL of these things, the burden will be lifted, and the joy will un-measurable. I love you and I miss you. Thank you for being there for me, all of you. Remember, like striving for clean air after breathing in a cloud of smoke, we strive for the comfort and security of God to release us from the ever so strong grasp of the devil, and he will ever so help.
Elder Braden M. Spence
p.s. I don't have to wash all my clothes by hand, just my pants now. Some of the members have washing machines so that helps out a lot. as far as my schedule goes on my p-days; I wake up, study, go buy food, wash the clothes (takes forever), eat at a members house like every day haha, clean the house, write family...yeah that's about it. I don't know how everyone always had so much time to go do activities...oh wait I remember, they had washing machines! Oh and yeah we got our water back finally and our broom haha. No really funny stories except a naked kid almost peed on my companions foot the other day lol he came out naked while we were door contacting and started peeing and the mom didn't stop him till he was done haha.
Hearing about so many trails of others sure helps you feel grateful you only have to go through your own. And I would rather have my trails than almost any one else in the world!
ReplyDeleteNaked? Peeing where ever? Hey, you must be in mexico!
Yeah, I remember p-days just like those. Here in the states you see pictures of missionaries sight seeing. We had to wash ours by hand too. Took at least an hour then the rest of the day for it to dry on a clothes line. And if you don't clean house you get critters living with you. Love hearing about your mission.
ReplyDeletejajajajaja que graciosas todas las aventuras que esta teniendo en la mision! La verdad que no hay comparacion con nada cuando se trata de una mision! Es verdad, las lavadoras y secadoras son realmente una bendicion, yo nunca me tuve que preocupar de eso en la mision pero tampoco me preocupe mucho de hacer muchas cosas divertidas en el dia de preparacion porque preferia dormir con el tiempo que tenia libre jajaja
ReplyDeleteTenga cuidado con los chicos desnudos de por ahi pero pensandolo dos veces, quizas esa sea una buena oportunidad para hablar de las aguas vivas ajajajaja... siempre hay una forma de conectar el evangelio con todo =]
Mucha suerte y muchas bendiciones esta semana!
It's been said before that missionaries are 1/2 step below that of an angel. You are entitled as a worthy priesthood holder to direct revelation from our Father in Heaven. Use it no matter how small it may seem to you. It may seem like a giant load off of someone else's shoulders. Listen to that still small voice always and you'll do just fine. Love you, Dad
ReplyDeleteWell bro, looks like you are getting a first hand look at what means in Mosiah 18: 8-9 and 1st Corinthians 12:26. Its interesting that this is the responsibility of all members of the church and not just the missionaries. This is a great opportunity to live up to your covenants by being there for others, whether that's to mourn with them or rejoice with them. Thanks for that reminder. Love ya bro. Keep up the good work. - Jordan
ReplyDelete