Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting wheeled down a dark hallway with 2 Mexican ladies laughing at how much I weighed...

Whelp...that was an interesting week haha. So if you saw the pictures, hope they got to Mickie (yep they did see below), I was in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights. Thursday night I woke up about 5 times having to go to the bathroom, and Friday morning I had to throw up about 3 times. We were on exchanges and we waited for my companion to get back and the four of us went to a doctor. When I say doctor I mean this guy had a rented out room that was big enough for his desk, a bed thing, space for maybe 9 people to stand, and a bathroom that was big enough to put in the toilet. After asking a few questions I felt a little queezy and was about to throw up in the trash can. Well the doctor wanted me to go to the bathroom so I ran there and threw up. I remember thinking, "Wow! That's a lot of throw up!" haha and the next thing I know I am being woken up by a door being shoved into my back. Turns out I passed out haha. The only reason they knew is because they heard a big smack (my body hitting the ground and probably the toilet haha). The elders couldn't open the door because I was passed out on the ground and I was too big for them to open to door completely haha. Finally I gained conscienceness and went to lay down on the table. Next thing I know I am getting woken up by another Elder saying we were going to a different doctor because this one couldn't do anything for me haha. We get to the actual hospital and I got wheeled down a dark hallway to the second floor by two Mexican ladies laughing about how much I weighed haha, but from there I rested for a really long time. Turns out I had a stomach infections, and amibas. I dont know if amibas is the same word in English but the zone leader described it as, "Sweet, you got a bunch new little friends!" haha. I got checked out Sunday at like 2. I got a package from Mickie with a bunch of candy but since I'm on a strict diet for the next week, I cant eat it haha. I get to eat veggies, rice, and jell-o. nothing, sweet, fattening, or basically delicious haha. I feel better but today was still a little rough. Other than that it was a great week haha. Hope everything is going good in America. I love you and miss you all. Thanks for your prayers! Smile

Elder Braden M. Spence




Roughly translated Amiba en Fresco means Live Amoeba. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh man....the little friends got you? Bummer dude! That sounded a little bit scary. HD has had problems with his little friends all the time since he came home from Mexico. I love to see that you are still smiling though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Have you been drinking the water??? :) That stinks! Get better soon. All your experiences bring back so many mission memories. Hope you don't mind me reminiscing.
    In Brazil I remember seeing meat vendors in the streets selling unrefrigerated meat, and I mean meat on a hook hanging out in the hot sun with flies swarming around it. I imagined the sisters from our branch buying it, cooking it and feeding it to us for lunch. ha ha. It is amazing I never got "little friends". Well, if I did they were taken care of with the worm meds I took about 3 times on my mission. Take care Braden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, no wonder you have bugs inside of you...you're walking around a hospital, in a foreign country, bare foot. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NASTY THINGS ARE ON THE FLOORS IN A HOSPITAL??? Nathan and I use to clean those floors and trust me, we were more excited about getting the job done so we could go home than making the floors sanitary. PUT YOUR SHOES ON!!! cool story by the way. Well scripted. -jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Well, you gotta have a latin stomach to be able to take the food over there =] Although even though I have a latin stomach I still can't take some mexican food like Menudo and... well, can't remember what it's called but it's the chocolate syrup that goes over the chicken... anyway... I MET YOUR NEW MISSION PRESIDENT!!! Presidente and Hermana Cardenas!!! OH and guess what??? they don't speak a word of English!! Muajajajajaja (evil laugh =]) Well, she speaks a little bit, but yeah they are here for Mission President's conference and I got to interpret for them during registration They are really sharp and really excited to be going on their mission! =]
    Enjoy the worms! (p/s: latin people love them because they help you loose weight hahahahah so there's a bright side to everything =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Braden, you poor thing! Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leaving all of the work to your companion? Get well soon son. Just a small set back. Tell us about your baptisms. What were the nurses laughing about? I miss you Braden, Dad

    ReplyDelete