Hola! it was a crazy week for sure. My mission is amazing, I love it. To start off, I'm still healthy, so thank you for all your prayers. So I didn't get get transferred, I am still in Tuxtla Gutierrez for another 6 weeks. Crazy to think that I have been in Mexico for 3 months now and in my mission for close to 5! It's the slowest and fastest time of my life haha.
The language is coming on well. I am still not fluent but it's coming along. I can understand for the most part. I was talking with a member of our church yesterday and I responded to a question he asked me and I said something but I have no idea what I said. We were talking about Peter and Christ at the waters of Galilee and I was bearing my testimony. No clue what I said, but we both felt the Spirit. haha Crazy how Heavenly Father can help you out when you want it. Sunday the other Elders brought an investigator to church and I think he is American haha. He lived in LA for 18 years but moved back here because he had some problems with our laws haha let's just leave it at that. But he would rather talk in English because he feels more comfortable with it. I was talking to him and telling him my feelings about the Book of Mormon and I couldn't speak haha. Every 5 or 6 words I said something in Spanish, it was really hard to talk lol.
We have an investigator named Marichelo. she is 19 and lives with her Aunt and Uncle. She accepted the Book of Mormon real quick and wants to be baptized so bad. We have been talking to her for the past month and she told us that if she gets baptized or keeps going to our church, her Aunt said she wont pay her tuition. She isn't working because she wants to go to church. My companion pulled out the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 2:22-24. It is talking about those that keep the commandments, God promises to bless you instantly. She started to cry being overwhelmed with stress of her Aunt and her desire to be baptized. We will see her later on today to see whats going on. It is hard sometimes, life. But I know that we can't see the results of our actions right away, but a blind faith with the Lord at your hand brings light and clarity to all trials. Everyone has trials in all sorts of ways, but I promise that through faith, proper repentance and endurance, we will receive that eternal reward we desire.
I hope everyone is doing well. I love my mission because I am learning so much. I cant thank my family enough for all their help and support in all aspects of my life. My brothers, sisters in law, nephews and nieces mean the worlds to me. They are my push in my mission and in my life I can't wait to spend eternity with them and it's all thanks to our Savior, Redeemer, Master and Lord Jesus Christ. Smile :)
Elder Braden M. Spence
Yay, to staying in a familiar place for another 6 weeks!
ReplyDeleteYay, for having the gift of tongues, even though only the hearer understood.
Yay, for investigators! Remember, you could have been sent to Japan, where they are far and few.
And double yay, for that cold something in your hand!!
It is funny seeing you inside a Mexican home. Just like I thought it would look like. Red and Yellow walls. Read D&C 100:4-8. I love to see the scriptures bear the truth. Be steady as a rock my son and go forth preaching the gospel, for the Lord is with thee in all things in bringing souls unto Him.
ReplyDeleteOkay Braden you're just eating way too many yummy foods down there! Miss you cuz!
ReplyDelete