Monday, June 11, 2012

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY! ...on Sunday. I'm pretty sure it's this Sunday that's coming but i'm not sure. Our week was awesome. We went up to Tuxtla to have a meeting with the President and it was a lot of fun. We ate good. I was thinking a lot lately about the role of a Father these past few days. With my few experiences as a Father...well I don't have any, but I was thinking about yesterday when it was like a hurricane the rain was so hard haha but we were walking and preaching anyways! My companion had an umbrella and I forgot mine. When I say I forgot mine I mean I intentionally didn't bring it because I didn't think it was going to rain. I also chuckled at my companion for bringing it thinking to myself, "ha, just more weight to bring!" So when it started to rain, my companion wouldn't share his umbrella! I was getting soaked and he just said..."well you should have brought your umbrella haha." Jerk...I started thinking about that and its really similar to the role of a Father. My Dad always was telling us and warning me of things that could happen. Through laziness and pridefullness I usually learned the hard way in the later part of my life before my mission. Because when the time comes when the rain falls and the temptations and trials fall from the heavens, we can be prepared or upset at those around us who were. I'm so glad my Dad taught me good principles as a young kid. I'm absolutely confident that there is no child on the earth, that has been on the earth, or will be on the earth that is more proud and grateful for his father than I am with mine. He is my hero. I'm so thankful for all the Fathers on the earth and my Father in Heaven, because I know they are watching over me. Now the question is, do I have my umbrella with me today? ...No! Because I don't think it's going to rain haha. I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. Oren y lean!






2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to your dad! Love it! Love you!

    Side note, did you get the package I sent with candy and socks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post to your dad. MANGO! My fav. Again last week Madeline asked, "when is Braden coming home?"

    ReplyDelete