Hola! Okay first of all the fish was delicious! haha I ate the tail even, but that was peer pressure by a Mexican lady but it ended up tasting like an over cooked lays potato chip haha.
So I am in a new city called Comitan. It is a city a south of Tuxtla and it's a higher elevation so its actually really cool weather! A lot of the Elders wear long sleeve shirts and the Mexicans usually have a sweater but it feels great to me haha. I dont have too many pictures because there isn't much to take a picture. The streets are a lot better but there aren't as many mountains in this area so it's house after house. My new house that I am living in has tile and hot water to shower in! Holy cow i felt like I was in a Hilton...well not really, but it was nice to take a hot shower compared to cold water and to get a got warm water shave in the last 4 months.
The people are really nice here too, a lot more accepting to missionaries haha. The toilet in our house is grosser and there are a little more cockroaches here I think haha. My companion is scared to death of them. I told him there was one behind his foot and he jumped really high and squeaked haha poor thing, there wasn't even a cockroach next to him haha. But our area is cool because it is part of this city but also with small village/city things outside of the city. We had to travel an hour to visit a family that wanted us to come by and they were sooooo excited to see us. It made us love our mission that much more. In Comitan, I have never seen so many barbecues made out of old car rims haha it's awesome. So the bad news before the good news...I found my first grey hair. haha I'm old! But here is a cool story that happened yesterday. My companion and I before we were about to leave the house decided to bring 30 pesos with us. We didn't think we were going to use it because we can walk everywhere in our area and we don't buy anything so we figured we wouldn't need it. Well after church, at a members house that was a lot father than we thought (with other missionaries in their area). So we needed to take a taxi. luckely enough, the taxi was 30 pesos! We got back to our area and decided to try and find a house but couldn't find it. Starting to walk back to the house, two kids told us to follow them to their house because their Grandma might want to talk to us. We found out that their family of 7 took the discussions over a year ago in a different part of Mexico and lost contact with the church after they moved here! They are so excited to meet with us this week! So we set up an appointment to come back and went on our way. Realizing that we didn't get the address we walked back to get it, only to find out that the house we searched for initially was their neighbors! We knocked on the door and they were stoked to see us too. Inviting us in right away we found out it was the same story but different family of 3 adults. We walked away from this neighborhood with such gratitude that my companion decided to bring the 30 pesos. If he didn't, the kids wouldn't have saw us, nor would we have found the two families :)
I know that the Lord sends the small promptings for a reason because my companion heard it. I know that God still has miracles in the world because I saw it. life is good :) Smile I love you all
Elder Braden M. Spence
P.S. those bananas are bite size haha how cool is that
The New Place
The New Area
Bananas!
The New Companion
Okay, fish still looks pretty gross, but hey!
ReplyDeleteSo...a new companion, huh? I would introduce myself and say HI, but some one forgot to tell us his name! But he looks like a great Elder and will be a wonderful companion for you!
Hey, at least they're turning gray and not just falling out! That's a little blessing there!
I think the thing that makes me the most happy about reading this letter is....you are really starting to notice all the blessings the Lord sends our/your way everyday, whether little or big. You wouldn't think 30 peso's would make a difference, but it did! He really does bless us in so many ways and we just need to realize those Tender Mercies and have gratitude for them! Thanks for the reminder for me to look for them too!
Keep up the hard work, Love you!
Is your new companion from America?
ReplyDeleteMiss your smiling face Braden. Glad you have hot water again.