Wednesday, August 3, 2011

6 months down, that went really really fast

Hola! Como estan? Yeah I'm not going to write in Spanish for two reasons, those that know Spanish well will know my grammar isn't the best and the second reason is most won't understand it. It was a good week. Really, really fast to be honest. We had a lot of activities to do so we didn't work that much as far as tracting. I am not sick so that's good haha and the weather was a little cooler this week, but still really hot. I got another 3 weeks with my companion in this transfer so I am still in the same area. I am pretty sure I am going to stay because he will have been here for 6 months haha but by the transfer after that so will I. 

I am coming up on 6 months in the mission it is flying by! We are working hard and trying our best. It's a little harder working in the city than the smaller villages or I don't know what the word is I cant remember. Smaller cities...haha but the people are sooo nice and loving especially the drunks. 

The photos I sent are just different pictures of the scenery I took with my camera. One is of me and my new mission president and I cant remember the rest. I think I sent one of a tan line on my neck haha I'm pretty dark in the face and arms but the legs and chest I am white haha. I played soccer the past two P-days so it's better-ish. We had a multi-zone fun day thing this morning for all the missionaries in Tuxtla. There were like 70 or so. We played soccer, basketball, and volleyball using towel=ls and water balloons haha. I don't have any cool stories this week sorry...but we will this week. I have been reading a lot in the Bible lately, I never really ever read anything in the Bible. But I love the parables and the miracles. One of the ones I love is the parable of the talents in Matthew 25. One verse that stuck out to me is when Christ said to one of the servants (different in Spanish so i'll try my best to translate it and i will try to remember exactly what it said) "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Thou has endured through many things. Enter into the joy of thy Savior". I love that part. Through trials and afflictions, with endurance with all that we have, as we stand at the gates of Heaven I know that Christ will say the same.  In Revelations 4 it says "I stand at the door and knock, and whosoever hears my voice, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with me". Christ stands at the door and is constantly knocking waiting patiently for us to hear his voice and to open the door so that he can enter into our hearts. He never leaves and he always forgives. With faith as we call to our Father in his name, the eternal glory that is ever so promised shall slowly become a desire to an eternal reality. I invite all to hear his call, open the door, and let him into your lives for the first time, or once again. 

This mission is great, it is hard, it is rewarding. Thank you for your prayers, I have received all the blessings you have asked God to give me...except the Mountain Dew I am craving...still learning the patience on that one haha I love you. smile







Elder Braden M. Spence

2 comments:

  1. Great post and pics Braden. Wow 6 months already. That went by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love to hear your testimony! It has grown so much the last 6 months! Thanks for sharing!

    Second, your New Mission President is pretty tall for a Mexican. HD said he was on the taller side of the population and he's only 5'6".

    Third, I for one, am glad you did not write your email in Spanish, or I would not be able to read it. And I love to read them every week!

    And last, there'll be plenty of time to even out the tan in 18 months! ;)Love ya!

    ReplyDelete