Monday, August 22, 2011

Prepared Families

Hola!


Sooo I am staying in this city for at least another month and a half! I am a little bummed because I had some people I wanted to see get baptized but then again we have had a lot of success in the past two weeks. We started with no one and now we have 3 people with a baptismal date, a family of 5 that said they got an answer to their prayers and want to get baptized, and another family of 3 that the same thing happened haha. It's awesome.  Being with my new companion, he is really funny. The family of 3 is a mom and two daughters that were taught over 10 years ago but the missionaries didn't do anything for them I guess. Haha they just played soccer. But they are really excited! The family of 5 is a Grandma and 4 grandkids from ages 11-18 are the ones i talked about last week. They attended church and are stoked to come back! It amazes me how prepared so many of the people we are finding here in Comitan that are so ready to hear the gospel. The weather has been okay here, a little more on the rainy side. A member said its because of a hurricane somewhere near Mexico? haha I don't know if there is or where it is but i hope it doesn't come here. My companion is named Elder Spear and he is from Lubbock Texas! He has like 13 months in the mission and has been in this area for 7 1/2 months. haha So we are pretty sure he is leaving next transfer. The pictures I put up are of some awesome food we ate yesterday with real 100 percent grape juice that we picked off the vine haha, a cool sunset thing, the people in our district I think, a bunch of bulls in the street that were being led by 2 kids that couldn't be over 10 haha, another one of me that was cool because i was going like the angel mom says i am haha. But all is good here! Hope everything is going good in the states. Haven't heard much of anything from there so I hope it's good haha. I love you all and thank you for your prayers. I am healthy for the most part haha smile!


Love Elder Braden M. Spence






2 comments:

  1. Braden, you are getting great shots. You will be so glad you photographed stuff like food and the city. I love the look at me pictures and reminisce. And you literally look like you are glowing in that one picture. Congratulations on all your success. We went to the Olive Garden when we were in Round Rock and met some of your old co workers, they all had real nice things to say about you and you are missed. By them and us. Keep on keepin' on. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, thanks for the Companions name! Appreciated. And that food looks 10X better than that fish thing you ate, YUCK!

    What's happening here: Harvey was released from the Singles Ward Bishopric and is now the Ward Mission Leader. He has lots of ideas and things he would like to implement, one of which is helping the entire ward learn a short version of the first discussion, so it should be interesting. He has had little cards printed with the information on it and he will present it to all the organizations in the next few weeks. We have another baptism tomorrow, a 10 year old from an inactive family who enjoys coming to church and scouts. We had a baptism last week too, so things are looking good.

    I was called as the Laurel Adviser again. I guess a total of 8 years wasn't enough the first two times! But it's a great calling, so I couldn't be happier!

    Keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete